Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Singapore Children Not Eating Right

Hi concerned parents and especially mothers...

I just came across this article with the above heading... and the subheading "Mother knows best... or does she?" really put the pressure on us (mothers)!

As if we do not already have the pressure and having to tackle this very issue day in and day out, these headings really put a punch into our faces.

I REALLY wonder who they surveyed. I believe many educated mothers are quite well-informed about nutrition and are constantly exchanging ideas as to how they could better themselves in this area. Everyone should know of the inclusion of fruits and vegetables in their children's diets are crucial. Many can't control their children's eating (myself included) of snacks and tibits since the school or childcare center they go to often "provide" them - at the canteen or birthday goodie bags. I am guilty of allowing my younger son to snack but as long as he's taking his due meals and snacks only after he had his meals, I think it's fine but also in moderate amounts.

The article came with a sample meal suggestion that one may try it out. Even though I know my younger son will never try them at all but if he does, it'll be a VERY SLOW process ... well, better than nothing.

Best of wishes to all struggling mothers out there.
Jennifer @ www.my-personal-development-secrets.com

No comments: