Friday, April 10, 2009

Cupcake Pops or Rainbow Lolli-Cake-Pops

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to share this with everyone for a long time but didn't quite find the time to search for my personal photos collection. Here are the photos of those I made... with chocolate cake with rainbow/chocolate sprinkles... my version of a Lolli-cake-pops:

I had too little time to finish all the ingredients and had made them into bite-sized cakes too:




I had modified this a little from the recipe from Bakerella. I added pureed strawberry jam to the Cream cheese frosting recipe to made the sandwich effect for the cakes above.

Originally, I had done it differently with her Smileys too - chocolate cake instead of red velvet cake; and also chocolate instead of chocolate barks... a little tough to coat but still turned out OK.

Had difficulty drawing the faces and gave up after 3 tries... could be the edible-ink pens I used... seems to work well on my fingers but just can't ink properly on the chocolate...(sigh...).
Enjoy!!
Thejs-family.


No comments: