Sunday, March 4, 2007

Personal Development-Schools and Home

Dear Friends and Parents

Many months back, I came across an ezine discussing about the importance of personal development in schools.

I could not agree more ... however, I would like to add that it is important at home too.

Late last year, I was at one of the branch library and witness a screaming mother with her 6 or 7 yo child and husband at the service counter. It appeared that either the child had borrowed a VCD and had not returned it at all; or that their premium membership had expired and needed renewal. Apparently, it seems that the parents are lowly-educated and hold low-paid job and couldn't afford the $30+ at all. The mother scolded the child with so much of those 3-lettered words, my heart went out to the child.

On recounting my childhood, I am thankful that I didn't have to go through such similar bad experiences despite that fact that my mother having had no education whilst my father had little education.

This brings me back to the topic of personal development - they must have picked up something in this segment of life and didn't subject their children to any of these ... in fact, we seen these in the world outside our family instead.

To everyone who is a parent in these modern times, we ourselves need personal development ... so why don't us also teach them to our children as we learn in this department. Pass it on.

So often these days, we heard of so many teenage problems on the rise ... if our children are still young, despite of our busy schedules, we need to spend quantitative time and teach them to have better self-esteem.

Jennifer
http://www.my-personal-development-secrets.com

No comments: